21 Facts About Albert Einstein That Are Not Mentioned In Classrooms
You all know about Albert Einstein; the genius and what not, right? However, there are facts about him that are not mentioned in books. Don’t worry though; we have put together a list of facts about Albert Einstein that many people are not aware of, check out the list below and do let us know what you think of it;
1. He didn’t like socks and almost always never wore them. He opted for
sockless shoes out of the sheer discomfort for socks.
2. Did you know that an early model of the refrigerator was one of
3. Albert Einstein was in a patent office because he was unable to get a
teaching post. Things changes after he joined the Prussian Academy of Sciences
and became affiliated with Princeton University.
4. Einstein did not help with the invention of the atomic bomb. He did,
however, advise President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to create one before the
Germans were able to.
5. Einstein’s memory was not his sharpest tool. For instance, he didn’t
know how many feet were in a mile. He said, ‘Why should I fill my brain with
facts I can find in two minutes in any standard reference book?’
6. After WWII, Einstein advocated for a Jewish home state. However, he was
shocked when Israel offered him the presidency in 1952.
7. The FBI monitored Albert Einstein for decades and had a report of 1,600
pages on him after his death. FBI was monitoring him because Director J. Edgar
Hoover believed Einstein had leftist leanings.
8. He was not able to speak until he was three years and kept on repeating
every sentence that he said under his breath, a habit known as Einstein
9. Einstein’s passion for science began when he was five years old, and his
father gave him a compass. He was captivated by the ability of this gadget to
always point in the same direction.
10. He was forced to learn the violin as a child by his mother. He
developed a passion for it when he turned 13 and continued playing it until he
11. Makeup artist Stuart Freedman borrowed his facial features for
designing Yoda for Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
12. He never learned how to swim and ran his sailboat aground on more than
one occasions. Nonetheless, boating remained one of his other favorite hobbies.
13. Dr Thomas Stoltz Harvey kept the brain of Albert Einstein after
performing an autopsy on him and relinquished the organ in 1998.
14. For those who wanted to ask him questions on the street, he would
respond apologetically, ‘Pardon me, sorry! Always I am mistaken for Professor
15. He never really fixed his relationship with the eldest son, Hans. Hans
grew apart from his father after his parents’ divorce.
16. Einstein divorced his first wife Mileva in 1919 and married his first
cousin, Elsa Löwenthal. Surprisingly, she wasn’t his first choice; he wanted to
marry her daughter Ilse.
17. In 1999, TIME Magazine voted Einstein as the Person of the Century
while describing him as ‘the pre-eminent scientist in a century dominated by
18. Einstein made waves in academia with his free-form teaching style.
19. In the 1980s, historians discovered that Albert Einstein had a child
out of wedlock with Mileva Mari?. The girl was named Lieserl and put her up for
20. Einstein was a fan of smoking and believed that it helped him with his
21. Einstein used to clash with a lot of his teachers because he would
regularly become bored with conventional schooling. Apparently, Elon Musk is
also against conventional schooling!