When you have an event, birthday party, product launch, charity event, etc., you can go big with vinyl banners. They are lightweight, durable, customizable, versatile, and reusable. They allow you to be a bit flexible with your design and draw attention in a big way. Before you design and hang your vinyl banner, take a look at your banner’s must-have elements.
Vinyl banners are an excellent way of promoting businesses, advertising products, or even personal events like graduations, weddings, or birthdays. Selecting the right custom vinyl banner for your application starts with defining the banner placement. Where it will be placed will determine the size, color finishing, and size.
Type of materials used
Considering the practicalities of where you’ll place your banner, it’s important to select the right material. Different materials are used to make vinyl banners, and they are:
- Scrim vinyl – is the most commonly used material for custom vinyl banners. This is because it’s among the most economical options. Its weight is perfect for outdoor applications, but for some time, especially if it’s not exposed to harsh weather. Scrim vinyl usually has a matte finish, but can take on some shine if printed with UV inks. It’s usually suitable for one-sided printing.
- Mesh vinyl – is usually suitable for outdoor applications where it’s mostly windy. The mesh material allows air through it, so there’s no need to cut wind slits that can ruin your design and weaken the banner structure. Its mesh-like nature can only be printed on one side and has a matte finish.
- Smooth vinyl – usually has a tighter weave than scrim vinyl, making it have a smoother surface. You can print it on both sides, so it’s an awesome choice if your banner placement is in a position to be seen from both sides. It has a matte finish, but can take on some shine if printed with UV inks.
Designing your vinyl banner doesn’t stop at choosing the material to use, but you must also consider the finishing you need. It will be determined by how your banner will be hanged. Here are some finishing options.
- Grommets are metal rings used to hang vinyl banners. They can be in black chrome, white, or brass. If your custom vinyl banner is larger than 72 inches, the grommets should be added every 24 inches to keep your banner straight and in place.
- Pole pockets can be added to your vinyl banner as an easy hanging option when installing a dowel or a pole. Ensure that you add a pole pocket at the bottom to keep the banner in place when hanging. They can also be added to the right or left sides to slide the vinyl banner onto a stand. Ensure that you choose pole pockets that are slightly larger than the poles, so that you can install them easily.
Whatever you wish to promote – an event, product, birthday, etc., a custom vinyl banner will do the work for you, and you can order them from https://www.printmoz.com/vinyl-banners.