Aluminum is a very useful element. Those of you who have tried their hands at cooking must be aware of its many benefits. But, today we will look at some useful aluminum hacks that you can use outside the kitchen as well. Some of them are real lifesavers.
1. Make a funnel: We know how hard it is to pour something into a bottle or any other vase with a small opening if you don’t have a funnel. Who needs a funnel when you have aluminium foil. You can use it to make your own funnel.
2. Iron both sides simultaneously: Running late for a meeting and your clothes are not ironed? You can save time by placing aluminum foil beneath the clothes to remove wrinkles from both sides simultaneously.
3. Sharpen scissors: Using scissors often can dull the blades as some users might have noticed. You can sharpen them by cutting aluminum foil. Simple as that.
4. Making batteries: A lot of electronics require AA batteries. If you need to run something and don’t have time to run to the market, you can simply use aluminium foil to convert your AAA batteries into AA batteries.
5. Cleaning an iron: Like all metals, Iron starts to rust over time. This rust can be transferred to your clothes if you’re not careful. However, there is no reason to be alarmed. A simple sheet of aluminum foil will have the surface looking as good as new.
6. Clean Silverware: Silverware looks good when it’s all bright and shiny. Rust can really tarnish its image. You can simply remove the rust by placing the silverware in a tray lined with aluminium foil and some baking soda along with boiling water.
7. Moving furniture: Moving around really heavy furniture can be a real pain, especially in a carpeted room when the edges don’t slide easily. All you have to do is place some aluminium foil underneath them and they’ll glide easily.
8. Enhancing signal: This is a really useful trick you can use to enhance your WiFi signal by simply placing a rectangular piece of foil behind the router.
9. No more burning food: Line a skillet with aluminum foil so the food does not make direct contact with the pan and you never have to worry about a burnt meal ever again.
10. Remove Rust: You can remove the rust from chrome plated surfaces by simply soaking a ball of foil in cold water and scrubbing.
11. Resealing plastic bags: The food can become really stale if left in an open bag. You can reseal the bags by placing a thin strip of foil and pressing it with a hot iron.
12. Make your own stylus: Every smartphone out there uses touch technology. Some of the phones use a stylus for their touch systems. You don’t have to buy expensive styluses when you can make your own by simply wrapping aluminium foil on the tip of a pen or a pencil.
Let us know in the comments if you found the aluminum foil hacks useful.