Russian Chess Robot Breaks A Child’s Finger During A Game

In this week’s morbidly fascinating news, it has been reported that a chess robot has sadly broken a child’s finger when it was playing games. The incident happened at a chess tournament on Thursday when a Russian-language news agency named “Baza” released a video of the incident on its Telegram channel. The accident has sparked a heated debate among the parents of this 7-year-old child, and they are now likely to file a suit against concerned authorities. The channel, however, reported that it was a fracture and that the child is now doing well. To that end, the citizens have uploaded the video on Twitter so that everyone can see the incident. The video is embedded below:

As per the reports circulating, it was revealed that the robot mistakenly “squeezed” the child’s finger or it might get “confused” between the child’s finger and the chess piece “on top of the kid’s hand”. On the other hand, the authorities have categorized this happening as an “accident” and stated that the child successfully finished the tournament while wearing a “cast” on his finger. As per Moscow Chess Federation president Sergey Lazarev, “The robot broke the child’s finger—this, of course, is bad. The robot was rented by us. It has been exhibited in many places for a long time with specialists. Apparently, the operators overlooked it. The child made a move, and after that, we needed to give time for the robot to answer, but the boy hurried, and the robot grabbed him. We have nothing to do with the robot. “

On the other hand, Sergey Smagin, who is a deputy of the Moscow Chess Federation, said, “This was the first time in his memory that he could remember a robot breaking anyone’s finger.” However, the robot might made a move at a “bad time”. Moreover, there is also a possibility that it was stuck in its complex programming of algorithms, i.e., technical complexity.

Interestingly, Google’s AI bot was also accused of being “sentient” recently, and now this “aggressive” chess robot has become the talk of the town. The incident has left netizens rocked by shock and disbelief because this is probably the first incident of its kind that has ever happened.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *