It’s a well-known fact that software development is about how efficiently codes are written and how they are run to see the functioning of the application. This is a regular process that is followed by almost all software development companies. However, there’s the latest trend that talks about the development of software applications by using fewer codes or no codes at all!
No code & low code both may seem similar, but there’s difference between them and the developers who are new with this need to know what they are and how beneficial it is to adopt them by a software development company.
Both no code and low code software development processes are used to develop software applications with greater efficiency that results in increased productivity. The developers need not necessarily require the traditional knowledge of programming languages as both no code and low code provide a visual development approach to Rapid Application Development (RAD). Following the visual approach, the app development process is accessible to a greater number of people.
What is Low Code?
Low code is a development process where time-consuming, manual and monotonous processes are automated without any actual hand-coding. This is done in a visual IDE environment.
In simple language, it is the process of dragging and dropping visual blocks of existing code into a workflow to create a new software application. This encourages a custom software development company developer to build the app faster with a minimum of 10% overall change in the app.
Benefits of Low code
1) Faster application development – With low code app development, developers could develop apps easily for multiple platforms and complete it faster than usual development.
2) Resource utilization – There is no need to wait for skilled developers to work on a special or big project. With low code development, developing an app is easy, simple and faster using all the available resources.
3) Increase ROI in low risk – With faster development, the ROI increases and there is fewer risk involved as there is less hand-written code used in app development.
4) RAD – Low code development empowers developers to make rapid application development even in case of any unexpected changes or challenges. The errors could be corrected immediately in a few clicks.
Fact Alert: By 2024, Gartner expects the low-code market to be responsible for more than 65% of the application development.
What is No Code?
No code platforms use a visual application system. The system allows developers, whether professional or non-professional, to develop apps without coding. It’s similar to using pre-developed pages and utilizing it in any specific area of business with no originality.
An example of no-code app development is Salesforce CRM. The app allows developers with coding skills to code, while those who don’t have any app developing skills can develop simple applications without using any code at all.
Benefits of No Code
1) Increased productivity & efficiency: No code provides a streamlined view of project’s status i.e. where it sits in the pipeline making it easier for developers to know the exact project status.
2) Diminishing debugging time: No code development methods offers developers the chance to automate processes like applying software updates and debugging flaws in their own codes.
3) Reducing development time: No code platforms drastically reduces the overall development time thus resulting in lower cost of ownership making the entire development profitable for owners.
4) Quick response while adding changes: with no code platforms, it gets easier for developers to make changes in the app or add functionalities is much easier if compared with traditional method of development.
Difference Between No Code & Low Code Application Development:
Areas of application
No-code app development is preferred for areas like business users or citizen developers. When a person requires developing their page and has no knowledge of doing it, they can take the help of a no-code application development platform. It requires little training expertise and language skills. However, extensive reliability on no-code app development could lead to developing apps with security concerns, integration issues, low compactivity and more.
On the other hand, low code app development is preferred by a software development company when they need to serve both businesses and skilled developers alike. Creative and thoughtful apps could be developed under the guidance of the IT team. In the case of professional developers, app development is faster and helps in enhancing productivity.
Low code can be used for the development of cultured apps that means to perform important and critical business elements. It can also be used to develop web and mobile apps for businesses capable of performing and highlighting business’s face in the market.
On the other hand, no-code app development should only be used for front-end use cases. As there is no originality in no-code app development, software development companies tend to use no-code apps for basic purpose fulfillment only.
Both low code and no code are equally important in software application development and is favored these days as it allows people to be creative without any professional knowledge of programming languages. Both suit different purposes and thus are highly favored by app developers and beginners.
Wrapping up, there might be few discussions around which one to choose or effective app development in the fastest time. The best would be to decide first if the app needs to perform some critical tasks or basic tasks.
Then only a business can ask a custom software development company to follow through the process of app development using either of the choices. Whatever be the choice, the promise of app development gets completed and both options bring in greater productivity in less time and limited resources.
Siya Carla is the Solution Consultant at Finoit Technologies, a leading software application development company which provides unique web design and mobile app development services. By creating interactive mobile apps for 450+ customers across the globe, Finoit enjoys a great reputation as a prominent mobile app development company.
Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and
I’m inspired! Extremely helpful information particularly the closing section 🙂
I handle such info a lot. I used to be seeking this certain info
for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
thanks for providing useful information on no code low code software development