Android has recently unveiled a feature using which, the users can use the web browsers on their computers to send text messages. The feature is called “Messages for Web” and will enable the users to send and receive messages on their PCs. This will free them from the worry of turning to their smartphones again and again to text. The feature is made available only for Android users for now and Apple users will have to wait to see if they get the update or not.
Whatsapp also offers a similar feature for the Whatsapp users where it has gained a lot of popularity. If you have used Whatsapp web feature, you will find the steps to setup messages very similar.
- Download the Android Messages application on your smartphones. On some new smartphones, the application is installed by default.
- After installation, the messages can be accessed from Android Messages website on the PC web-browser.
- The users will see a web-page that will ask them to scan a QR code through the reader on Android Messages application on their smartphone.
- Users with the updated application will be able to see the QR code reader option in the app Menu.
- Scan the QR code and you are all set to use the application.
The web interface is being used by Android Messages is safe and syncs in real time with the client-side application. The messages which are sent and received through the web-browser are stored in the temporary cache and are deleted automatically once you close the browser. So try it out and let us know if you have any issues!