“Ultrawide monitors are so last week” said Samsung as they revealed the latest “super ultrawide” category monitor this Friday. The outrageously wide CHG90 has an aspect ratio of 32:9, which in comparison with the normal monitors’ 16:9 and ultrawide monitor’s aspect ratio of 21:9 seems utterly humongous.
The CHG90 comes as a part of Samsung’s gaming monitors that besides its super large screen and high def graphics also gives quick response times and is equipped with AMD’s FreeSync 2 technology.
The 49-inch CHG90 super ultrawide monitor does justice to its name as it really has super-ultra-width, and this view of displaying an excel sheet will help you put things into perspective.
The curved design makes sure that the CHG90’s outer edges are kept in your peripheral vision, and allows a 178-degree viewing angle.
And here’s how a game looks like on the 32:9 CHG90 monitor.
This massive screen gives the CHG90 users a clear advantage, as evident from the game-play of “Battlefield 1” showing how the extra field of view helps in spotting the enemies that normal 16:9 monitors can never display.
Apart from the of the extra field of view, its width and curves allow for some intense and immersive gameplay.
The screen also allows for multitasking as you can open one-half of the screen for gaming and the other half for something else.
The screen offers a resolution of 3840 x 1080, which makes it double full HD.
Below are some of the CHG90’s important specs:
• The CHG90 has a VA LCD panel, which is an ultrafast panel with a response time of only one millisecond. That might not mean much to someone who mostly uses computers for work, but gamers who play fast-paced games could appreciate the CHG90’s minimal response time.
• It has a refresh rate of 144 hertz, which means each pixel can refresh 144 times per second, and makes for high-frame-rate gaming — if your graphics card can handle high frame rates.
• It uses quantum-dot technology from Samsung’s HDTV lineup for better brightness and color accuracy than regular LCD monitors.
• It also features HDR10 for even better colors and contrast.
• It’s the first monitor to feature AMD’s FreeSync 2 technology, which helps your PC’s graphics card communicate with the monitor for smoother gameplay without screen tearing or stuttering.
The CHG90 is available for $1,500 and can be preordered now on Amazon and at local Micro Center stores.