The riddle that follows is said to been written by Albert Einstein when he was a boy. Some, however, claim that the riddle belongs to Lewis Carrol. There is not much of an evidence to link it to any one of them. Keeping this particular debate aside, the riddle is quite clever and is generally known as ‘Einstein’s Riddle’. It is said that only 2% of the world is able to solve it.
Let’s see if you are among those 2%, shall we?
There are five houses in five different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. None of the owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
- The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: who owns the fish?
There are no tricks involved and for solving the trick you only need to make use of logic. You can check out PoETheeds’ video below for a step by step solution of the riddle.
Its German living in the fourth house
I don`t think this question is given by Sir Einstein
German living in green house who drinks coffee and smokes fish.. his house is 4th from left.. he owns the fish..
I solved it.. 🙂
its german who owns the fish and i really enjoyed it while solving
In NONE of the facts listed was it declared that ANY fish is in fact owned by ANY of these people. There is a mystery 5th pet, but that it’s a fish at all requires you to ASSUME the question is a leading one, that there is a fish pet owned by one of these 5 people AT ALL!
I’m with you on that one.
It’s definitely the German who owns the fish n
It’s the owner who smokes blend
We could solve this on our own
its german and i solved in just 20 minutes. i dont think so it so difficult that only 2% people in the world could do it,
Chinese…they own everything hahahaa
German owns the fish
Alfred Dunhill started his tobacco business in 1904. At that point in time Einstein would have been 25 years old and his first son hans was born.. .. So, i don’t think the riddle has been written by Einstein!
Ya German Is correct ans.
The correct ans. Is German. And i think it’s not too tough as shown.
The German owns the fish.
The brit owns the birds.
The swede owns the dogs.
The Norwegian owns the cats.
The Dane owns the horses.