Apple has been in talks for a long time now because of the fact that it slows down batteries of its old phones. The company again made the headline when a recent news came in from an electronics store in Nanjing City, China. According to the news, the battery of an iPhone exploded when a man tried to bite the device. It sounds weird that a person was trying to chew the battery, maybe he was cross-checking the authenticity of the smartphone. Just like when people used to check the authenticity of coins by chewing them.
He tries to take a bite of the phone and suddenly the battery explodes. Luckily, no one in the store was injured as a result of the explosion. No one was standing close to him who could have got injured as a result of the explosion. If the footage would not have been captured by the camera, no one would have believed the story. Surprisingly, the man who was trying to bite the device was also not injured in the explosion.
Apple apologized for changing the CPU speed and slowing older phones down and also offered to replace the batteries for $29. Since then, two apple stores have faced the battery explosion during the replacement. However, Apple is not responsible for this event. Biting a smartphone battery is not a good idea whether or not it explodes. So next time you plan something like this, think again!