Google has just released Android version 7.0, named as Nougat. The special feature of this update in the operating system is that it allows two apps to run simultaneously in one screen and enables the devices to handle more complicated 3D graphics.
Currently, only the Nexus devices ( tabs and phones) can get the update but Google has informed that the upcoming LG phone will have the new 7.0 version pre-installed. However, other manufacturers will first have to carry out thorough checks of the software before the code is available for installation in other devices.
What will this software update offer its users? According to Google, there are several key features and upgrades in the 7.0 Nougat:
- Improved performance: The new version will install updates faster and have better 3D graphics and VR mode.
- Improved Battery Life: Better battery management and limited data will be used by background apps.
- Improved Productivity: Nougat will allow users to switch screens by double tapping, add picture in picture and split the screen as well – this means more speed while using the device.
- Improved system usability: Settings and Settings bar has been redesigned and can be customized. There will a new lockscreen wallpaper and emergency information has also been redesigned.
- Improved internalization and accessibility: new languages and language preferences are added and accessibility settings have been added to the main setup. Users will be able to customize their display size adjust text to speech speed.
- Added “Work Mode”: This mode will automatically turn off all the work-related apps.
- Notifications and Emoji: The new Android version will have bundled notification and greater notification control. Emoji unicode 9 will have a number of new emojis to choose from as well.
- Improved Security and Privacy: Nougat will have file-based encryption, seamless software updates and new direct boot that will provide more security and privacy to the users.
As promised by Google, this software has been released and come with a number of new features. Is your device updated to 7.0 Nougat? Let us know how the new software is working!