Afraid Of COVID-19, Man Stays At Chicago Airport Undetected For Three Months

A guy from California traveled to Chicago by air and got struck hard by his COVID-19 fears upon reaching the O’Hare airport. Hence, given his fears of catching the virus, he decided to stay inside the airport for three long months. The fun part is, nobody even noticed him there.

Investigation officers cannot find reasons for his travels in the first place and have raised questions as to why a 36 years old unemployed man would visit Chicago. However, the officials have stated that the weird man managed to score a secured and hidden spot at the airport, the reason why he managed to stay for so long. However, fate had to fall upon him like this, and his free food supplies had to stop as he got arrested a couple of days ago.

Since October, Singh was living at the airport and wasn’t even planning on leaving anytime soon, if it wasn’t up to the airport staff, who went ahead and asked for his identity.

As reported, Singh lowered his face mask and showed his ID badge upon being asked by an official. The badge actually belonged to an operations manager of the airport and was reported missing on 26th October. Upon being confirmed as a suspect, the police were called on and arrested Singh from the airport premises.

Upon further investigation, the man rather gave him weird reasoning to stay at the airport for so long. He said that he was too afraid of catching the virus and decided to stay at the airport to avoid contact. Avoiding the virus while staying at the airport? Makes zero sense to me.

The unemployed California man said that he landed at the airport on 19th October, and ever since, survived on the food that passengers at the airport gave out to him. He added that it was all convenient until the two officials of the airport security approached him.

The guy has no criminal record whatsoever. However, he was charged with felony criminal trespass to a secure place and misdemeanor theft. He was brought in front of the judge last Sunday, who was pretty shocked upon hearing the whole story.

Cook County Judge Susana Ortiz said, “So if I understand you correctly, you’re telling me that an unauthorized, nonemployee individual was allegedly living within a secure part of the O’Hare airport terminal from Oct. 19, 2020, to Jan. 16, 2021, and was not detected? I want to understand you correctly.”

“The court finds these facts and circumstances quite shocking for the alleged period of time that this occurred,” Ortiz said. “Being in a secured part of the airport under a fake ID badge allegedly, based upon the need for airports to be absolutely secure so that people feel safe to travel, I do find those alleged actions do make him a danger to the community.”

Judge set his bail at $1000, but the guy was still in custody as per the latest updates on the “Mysterious stay at the airport case.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *