The way Muslims pray hasn’t changed in over 1400 years. However, these contemporarily designed mosques have more softened and curved lines as compared to the stark lines in the previous ones. The ‘more is less’ philosophy combined with bending the fundamental architectural rules to forge edifices that are not only striking to look at but are eloquent in space as well. The contemporary art blends with a heritage of over a thousand years ago. Here are our top 6 picks that are nothing less than the architectural wonders of the modern world.
6. The Vanishing Mosque by Rux Design, U.A.E.
5. Halide Edip Adivar Mosque by Manco Architects, Istanbul, Turkey
4. Islamic Cultural Center and Museum of Tolerance by Bjarke Ingels Group, Tirana, Albania
3. Copenhagen by Henning Larsen Architects, Denmark
2. Wall Dome by Paolo Venturella, Prishtina
1. Camlica Mosque by Tuncer Cakmakli Architects, Istanbul, Turkey
Aren’t these designs beautiful and creative? Share your views by commenting below!