With our hectic routines, everyday tasks can become tedious and take up a lot of your time. These simple life hacks will save you a lot of time and make your routine much easier.
1. If you can’t find a knife, or are afraid to use one, unscented dental floss is the best way to cut cakes, pastries and other soft food items in a perfect manner.
2. Finding the end of a tape roll is truly an annoying task and it usually occurs when you are in desperate need of a quick fix. Use paper clips to make it easier to find the ends of tape rolls.
3. Ladies, you can understand how hard it is to handle all the makeup brushes you have. Instead of cluttering them up in a box or pouch, use a container filled with coffee beans to make them easier to access.
4. A lot of toothpaste can go wasted with the design of conventional toothpaste tubes. Using a bobby pin, will help you make sure that you get the maximum amount of toothpaste out of the tube.
5. Making breakfast is truly tiring. You’ve just gotten out of bed and you have to make yourself the most important meal of the day. One easy tip is to use a waffle iron to make hash browns.
6. Finding a place to hang a bag or purse is rarely easy, and the items are always taking up space. Using shower hooks is a great way to organize them.
7. Pet food often comes in a hard to store, and even harder to handle bag. Use a pitcher to ensure that it stays fresh and is also easier to handle.
8. Cleaning your keyboard is difficult, especially when you have to clean the dust from between the keys. A sticky note is a simple solution to effectively clean it.
9. Cords can easily break when we use them daily. But the spring from a pen is an easy and simple way to reinforce the cord and keep it from getting damaged.
10. Organizing extra wires and cables is a difficult task, and keeping them from getting tangled is a mission of its own. Using towel or toilet paper tubes is a great way to store wires and cables.
11. Cutting open a tennis ball and attaching it to the wall will give you a great solution to hold almost anything lying around the house.
12. Toilet paper rolls can be turned into little boxes that can be used as seed starter pots or even to hold buttons, coins, pins and other small items.
13. Use a sanitary napkin pouch to hide your money, either in your purse or at home. No one will think of stealing a bunch of napkins when they see the pouch.
14. Charging your phone on airplane mode will give you a faster charging time. If you can’t completely disconnect your phone, simply turning off the WiFi will also improve charging time.
15. When you don’t have enough space to hang clothes in your closet, you can use soda can tabs to give you a little extra space and help layer hangers.
16. Using a strand of dried spaghetti is a great solution to help light those candles in jars or glass bottles with hard to reach wicks.
17. If your looking for a way to keep you laptop from overheating without having to spend money on an aftermarket fan, an empty paper egg carton is the best and cheapest solution.
18. It’s hard to access the food items at the back of the fridge (which usually expire after being forgotten). You can use a simple turn table to make it easier to reach items in your fridge.
19. The cheap pant hangers from stores can be useful too. Remove the clips and use them as bag clips to keep chips and other bagged food items crisp and fresh.
20. Most people don’t know that they pay for “vampire charges” when their devices are plugged in but aren’t being used. Use a power strip to plug your devices into and prevent this from happening.