Water resource engineering is the field that is primarily responsible for water and tackles the planning, development, and management of water resources. It also covers the estimation of water resource in a region and the water inflow so that new structures can be built.
Water Resource Engineering Sub Disciplines
Water Resource Engineering has been divided into the following;
- Water and Wastewater treatment plant design
- Water Distribution, Wastewater and Storm water Sewer Systems
- Irrigation Engineering
- River Engineering, Hydraulics, Hydrodynamics, Sediment Transport, Contaminant Transport, River Morphology, Ice-covered rivers
- Hydraulic Structures (reservoirs, floodways, dams, dykes, spillways & sluice gates, channels, water intakes)
- Drainage Canals
- Groundwater and Seepage, well design, seepage control, underground contaminant transport
- Surface Runoff Analysis
- Hydrology, winter hydrology, climate change
- Extreme events: floods, torrents, mudflows, debris flows
Top Water Resource Engineering Universities
The top three ranked universities when it comes to Water Resource Engineering are as follows;
Water Resource Engineering Associations
There are a myriad of associations pertaining to Water Resource Engineering but we shall list only three:
Being a Water Resource Engineer
Water Resource Engineer Salary
A Water Resource engineer’s average annual salary in USA is $61,000.
Top Water Resource Engineering Companies
The top three companies pertaining to Water Resource Engineering are;
Top Water Resource Engineering Products
Check out the three top inventions (as per us) that are a result of Water Resource Engineering.