Site icon Wonderful Engineering

Girl Forgot Her Makeup Mirror At The Table. The Consequences Will Shock You

Applying make-up in natural light is the best way to apply makeup, says a beauty tip. However, do you know that leaving the make-up mirror at a spot with natural light from where it can reflect sun rays can result in a catastrophic accident? Kasey Ault has recently discovered that this is the case if you are being careless with make-up mirror.

She posted pictures on Facebook depicting the destruction that had been caused by the make-up mirror that she left on her desk. She applied make-up in front of the window and then left the mirror out and went away. When she returned to her home, she learned that the mirror had started a fire on her desk.

She writes, “I just came home to a house full of smoke and found clear evidence of a fire on my desk. I believe it was started by the reflection of light off the magnified side [of the mirror]. I’m extremely lucky the fire didn’t reach the battery of my iPad, my wooden desk, my laundry basket next to my desk. It miraculously was somehow contained. I had my sweet Chihuahua asleep in that room, along with my other 3 dogs and 5 cats in the house. I could have lost them all.”

The concern that this fire could have done way more damage is totally justified. A bedroom mirror is responsible for starting a fire in Fairfax County, Virginia where it caused damages of more than $1,000 and even sent one of the occupants to hospital.

According to experts, it is of utmost importance that you don’t leave any reflective items in direct view of sunlight. Steve Lumb of the London Fire Brigade said, “I don’t think many people realize the dangers of leaving glass objects, like magnifying mirrors, too close to windows.”

Lumb further adds that anything capable of concentrating the sun’s ray should be kept away from direct sunlight. Such items include the fishbowls and drinking glasses as well.

Exit mobile version