What Would Happen To Your Body If You Drink Mercury? This Video Explains


Pic Credits: YouTube
Advertisement

If you are searching this after drinking or direct contact with mercury, STOP EVERYTHING AND SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION NOW!

Now, if you want to preemptively know the consequences, this ain’t gonna be a happy read! As we all know, liquid mercury is extremely poisonous, and an intake in large enough dose could lead to death.

Here’s an extract from World Health Organization’s page,

  • Exposure to mercury – even small amounts – may cause serious health problems, and is a threat to the development of the child in utero and early in life.

  • Mercury may have toxic effects on the nervous, digestive and immune systems, and on lungs, kidneys, skin and eyes.

  • Mercury is considered by WHO as one of the top ten chemicals or groups of chemicals of major public health concern.

  • People are mainly exposed to methylmercury, an organic compound, when they eat fish and shellfish that contain the compound.

As shown in the video below, the first signs of intake of mercury are nausea and vomiting. Then you feel severe pain in your stomach, worse than even the worst kind of food poisoning. Soon enough, you’ll start to feel dizzy and weak while having a metallic taste in your mouth. As soon as mercury is in your digestive system, it starts eating away at your organ, which as you would imagine, isn’t an ideal situation.  

Inhaling mercury is also very dangerous, as it can gnaw away at your lungs very quickly. So in case you have dropped a thermometer, don’t try to vacuum it or clean it with bare hands. And always keep a wet cloth on your mouth as you call 911 for further assistance.

Watch the video below to learn more about mercury poising and how to react in such an accident.

Advertisement

What's Your Reaction?

Fail Fail
5
Fail
lol lol
2
lol
WTF WTF
3
WTF
Geeky Geeky
2
Geeky
Love Love
2
Love
WOW WOW
5
WOW

Comments 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

log in

reset password

Back to
log in