Watch This Shocking CCTV Footage Of A Samsung Phone Exploding In A Man’s Pocket


Image: Rista Casmiaa / YouTube
Advertisement

‘Explosion’ is a word that sounds less associated with terrorism and more with Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 debacle might have been the worst in the history of smartphones that will be remembered by people for years to come. We have not managed to recover from the Note 7 incidents yet, and another of Samsung phones went aflame right in a man’s pocket in Indonesia.

A man working at the Hotel Ciputra Semarang was captured on camera when the phone in his pocket went ablaze, and blue flames burst out of his front pocket. The man reached for his phone when it began to get very hot but the flames spread, and he finally fell to the floor, but the police say he suffered only minor burns.

According to the local police, the incident was his own fault as he was using WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth all at once. A spokesperson for Samsung told CNET. “From a thorough investigation, we have found that the battery used in the device was not manufactured by Samsung or a company authorized by Samsung. We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”

So this one time, the accident was not Samsung’s fault and we would like it to stay that way.

Advertisement

What's Your Reaction?

Fail Fail
4
Fail
lol lol
1
lol
WTF WTF
4
WTF
Geeky Geeky
1
Geeky
Love Love
0
Love
WOW WOW
2
WOW

Comments 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

log in

reset password

Back to
log in