The IFA 2014 saw a number of great gadgets being displayed and Sony didn’t stay out of the picture. Sony released details pertaining to the new flagship Xperia Z3 mobile electronics range. This includes the standard Z3 smartphone, a compact model and the Z3 Tablet Compact. All three are waterproof up to IP 65/68, which implies that they can be submerged without worrying about them dying.
Although the complete specs have not been made available as of yet, however, the listed features for the standard Z3 include a Snapdragon 801 Quad processor
- 4K video capability
- 20.7 MP 1/2.3 Exmor RS image sensor with BIONZ imaging engine
- 25-mm wide angle G lens
- ISO 12800 low-light sensitivity
- Compatibility with PS4 Play
- 5.2-inch tempered glass display
- 7.3-mm thick rounded aluminum frame
- Up to two days of battery life
- Weight of 152 grams
- Choice of white, black, copper or silver green
- Dual SIM version – available in selected markets
With a thickness of 8.6mm, the Z3 compact is still very thin as compared to the regular size Z3 but has a smaller screen size that measures in at 4.6”. It weighs in at 129 grams and has been designed for one hand use and is available in black, white, green or orange color. The other specs are more or less the same as the standard version.
The 8-inch tablet, Z3 Tablet Compact measures in at a thickness of 6.4 mm while weighing under 270 grams and as per Sony is ‘the world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet.’