How many changes of clothes would you take with you if you were going away for six months? If you’re like me, you might pack half your wardrobe. But for the astronauts, extra luggage is a luxury they cannot afford.
Nonetheless, the idea of spending six months in a single dress is quite nauseous! As it happens, the astronauts are allowed to take the following clothing items for a six-months mission:
- A pair of shoes for the treadmill
- A pair of shoes for the bike
- A pair of workout shorts for every three days of exercise
- A T-shirt for every three days of workout
- A work shirt for every ten days
- A T-shirt for under the work shirt for every ten days
- A pair of work pants or shorts for every ten days
- A pair of underwear for every two days
- A pair of socks for every two days
- A couple of sweaters
- An optional choice of two pairs of Russian overalls
Because they don’t have enough space, you see!