Not all items are meant for singular applications. Very often, you can use one thing for multiple purposes. And without a doubt you end up saving money and reducing a lot of clutter at home. Here are some life-changing ways to use everyday items that are sure to make things easier and better.
1. Use Jell-O as lipstain. Watch the video to find out how, here.
2. Use cooking spray to spray the inside of candle holder, so that when the candle runs out the wax just slips right out.
3. Mayonnaise can be used to remove water stains from wooden furniture. Full instructions here.
4. Soda pop tabs can be used to hang pictures and frames.
5. Unscented dental floss is the best way to cut soft foods.
6. Add saline to dried out mascara to make it new.
7. A lint roller can be used to clean the inside of your bag.
8. A rubber band can be used for a perfect French manicure.
9. A mustard can be used to reduce the pain of a burn.
10. Use newspapers to line your fridge’s vegetable drawer to help absorb odors.
11. Hand sanitizers are a great way to remove ink stains. Wash afterwards.
12. Use a cereal container as a trash bin for your car.
13. Use a bowl to act as an amplifier for your phone.
14. Earl Grey tea bags can be used to treat sunburns.
15. Eat marshmallows to soothe sore throats. Gelatin relieves irritation.
16. Use a can-opener to open the tougher packing that some items come in.
17. Paper-hole reinforcements can be used for a manicure.
18. Mix fabric softener and vinegar to make a wrinkle release spray. Full instructions here.
19. A spoon can be used to open tight jars.
20. A few drops of vodka and a teaspoonful of sugar will extend the life of cut flowers.
21. A banana can fix scratches on a DVD.
22. Drop two Alka Seltzer tablets in the toilet, wait 20 minutes and then clean it with a brush.
23. Rub the cut portion of cheese with butter to prevent it from molding.
24. VapoRub can be used to train pets. Put it on areas where you don’t want your pets to pee or chew on.
25. Spaghetti can be used to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
26. A sock can be used to create the perfect hair bun. Detailed instructions here.
27. Eat marshmallows for sore throats. Gelatin is proven to relieve irritation and pain1.