Cleaning the house can be a bit of a chore, and whether you are a clean freak or only really tidy things up before guests arrive, having a few tricks up your sleeve hurts no one and can make the process a whole lot easier!
So here are 10 best DIY home cleaning tricks that will save you a whole lot of time and wasted money on cleaning products and transform your cleaning routine!
1. Cleaning window blinds using 1 x set of tongs + 2 x cloths.
2. Get those pesky pet hairs out of the carpet by running a squeegee rather than a vacuum cleaner.
3. Simply replace the sheet as needed.
4. Get those clogged shower heads and faucets going by placing a white vinegar filled bag and attaching it with a rubber band.
Soak the shower heads for at least two hours before removing the bag.
5. Dust off the fans using a pillowslip and avoid sneezing your way through the spring cleaning routine.
6. Apply furniture polish to your stainless steel appliances and bring back the shine.
7. Say goodbye to grease and oil fabric stains by applying chalk and letting them soak.
8. Turn the grill hot and then rub half an onion to get rid of the grease and grime.
9. Run over your iron on a piece of paper sprinkled with salt to get it sparkling clean.
10. Grind some uncooked brown rice through the spice grinder to take care of the oil and residue.
Do you have any of your own home cleaning tips? Let us know in the comments’ section below!